Posts Tagged ‘SharePoint 2010’

InfoPath error after installing SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 2

Tuesday, October 8th, 2013

Interesting discovery yesterday that I thought I should share. After installing SharePoint 2010 Service pack 2 a customer ran into problems with their InfoPath forms. The generic error message was “The custom code in the form cannot be run. This functionality may be deactivated on the server”. Looking in the ULS log there were some more information:

Microsoft.SharePoint.UserCode.SPUserCodeSolutionProxiedException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPService' from assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=14.900.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c'.    Server stack trace:     
 at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLifetime.Document.QueryDataOnLoad(DataAdapter documentDataAdapter, DataObject documentDataObject)    
 at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLifetime.Document.ExecuteInitOnLoadForDataObjects()    
 at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLifetime.Document.LoadFromRemoteContext(Boolean firstOpened, String editingSessionId, Solution solution, Byte[] serializedState, Byte[] serializedVersionState, Dictionary`2 inputParams, OpenParameters openParameters)

After a lot of trial and errors I did some reflection on the Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLifetime.Document.QueryDataOnLoad method in Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.dll. The method had a small code change between the Cumulative Update the customer was on and Service Pack 2.

Before Service Pack 2

Before Service Pack 2

After Service Pack 2

After Service Pack 2

The small code change, FormsService formsService = FormsService.TryGetLocal(), uses Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPService. The problem occurs when this code is run from within the sandbox process. Then SPService is not available just like the error message said. QueryDataOnLoad gets called if you have an InfoPath form with data connections that loads on startup.

It is really easy to reproduce this bug. Just install SP2, create an InfoPath form with a data connection (that loads a SharePoint list at startup) and also add code-behind for the loading event. Fortunately the line of code causing the problem is removed in August 2013 Cumulative Update.

Week numbers in calendar view – revisited for SharePoint 2010

Saturday, April 9th, 2011

A while ago I wrote a post on how to add week numbers to the monthly calendar view. The customer I built this for is now upgrading to SharePoint 2010 and since the calendar is now completely rebuild with ajax functionality I had to revisit and rewrite this code. This time I’m doing it with jQuery instead which in my opinion leads to a much cleaner solution. Thanks to Mike Smith’s post for showing how to intercept the asynchronous ajax events  of the calendar. The neet thing about this is that even if asynchronous events happen like if you page to a new month, the calendar still gets updated with new week numbers. For calculating week number I’m using the same javascript as in my post on how to add week numbers to the gantt view.

Week Numbers in Calendar

This is the code you need to put in a content editor web part on the same page as the calendar is displayed.

[code lang=”html”]
<script src="" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

Date.prototype.getWeek = function () {
//lets calc weeknumber the cruel and hard way 😀
//Find JulianDay
var year = this.getFullYear();
var month = this.getMonth();
var day = this.getDate();

month += 1; //use 1-12
var a = Math.floor((14 – (month)) / 12);
var y = year + 4800 – a;
var m = (month) + (12 * a) – 3;
var jd = day + Math.floor(((153 * m) + 2) / 5) +
(365 * y) + Math.floor(y / 4) – Math.floor(y / 100) +
Math.floor(y / 400) – 32045; // (gregorian calendar)

//now calc weeknumber according to JD
var d4 = (jd + 31741 – (jd % 7)) % 146097 % 36524 % 1461;
var L = Math.floor(d4 / 1460);
var d1 = ((d4 – L) % 365) + L;
NumberOfWeek = Math.floor(d1 / 7) + 1;
return NumberOfWeek;

function updateCampaignCalendar() {

// calendar rows
jQuery(‘TH[evtid="week"]’).each(function () {

// add week numbers
var firstDay = new Date(jQuery(this).attr(‘date’));
if (firstDay.toString() != "NaN" && firstDay.toString() != "Invalid Date") {
var week = firstDay.getWeek(firstDay.getDay());
jQuery(this).children("DIV").attr("innerHTML", week);


// hook into the existing SharePoint calendar load function
function calendarEventLinkIntercept() {
var OldCalendarNotify4a = SP.UI.ApplicationPages.CalendarNotify.$4a;
SP.UI.ApplicationPages.CalendarNotify.$4a = function () {
[/code]">Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS).